Travellers come to TripAdvisor to plan and book the perfect trip. Certificate of Excellence celebrates the accommodations, attractions and eateries that make these perfect trips possible.
BIKE MY SIDE WINS 2015 CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE
Now in its 5th year, the prestigious Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award recognises establishments that consistently earn great reviews from travellers.
And Bike my Side Sidecar tours is proud to share that we have received this prestigious international award for the second consecutive year.
Do want to know what our customers say about us?
One of our all time favorite tours!
We previously went on the Bike My Side tour in Lisbon and it was the most enjoyable tour we had ever been on…now Daniel has to share that distinction with Delfim! The tour to the beaches was wonderful. Delfim is a great guide with such a nice personality and very interesting information about the places we saw. Being in the open gives a much different perspective and a panoramic view. It’s a comfortable ride and we old retired folks had a blast…you could tell by the smiles and thumbs up we were the envy of many. We will definitely book with Bike My Side again when we return to the Algarve and absolutely recommend them.
Visited May 2015
Superb way to travel round the beautifull beaches of Portugal
Fantastic day from start to finish. Prompt pickup at hotel. Delfim and Philipe were very experienced bike riders, the bikes were superb. Felt really safe and comfy in sidecar. Views were unbelievable , we would never have got to see all these beautiful sites by coach as the bikes went up narrow side streets through beautiful little towns..Delfim was very knowledgable about the history of the places we visited and it was a very interesting tour, we learnt a lot about the Portuguese scenery and lifestyle. Would defiantly book a tour next time we visit again…well worth the money…both couples thoroughly enjoyed the day !!! Thanks again guys. 🙂
Visited April 2015
Because life is all about adventures and experiences, the Sidecar Tour is a MUST DO if you visit Lisbon. This is one of the best ways to get around and learn about Lisbon’s history. We had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of our tour. BIG thanks for the cool ride Daniel!
Visited May 2015
The best entry to Lisboa
To start your Lisboa stay with Daniel is the best you can do. It was fun, Daniel told us so much about the city, and it was a fantastic ride. This was the first time as a tourist I was permanently photographed by other tourists 🙂 The half day tour was enough for us. You get to all the interesting places, you can visit on your own later on. Thanks a lot for cool ride Daniel 🙂
Here you can purchase great value for little money. So, why don’t take advantage of this great opportunity and discover this amazing city with us?
1. Welcoming: It’s a friendly city with a cosmopolitan population, welcoming all visitors and families with children, and open to minorities and all alternative lifestyles.
2. Culture: It’s one of the world’s great historical cities, with characteristic and surprising sights, cultural treasures, and a beautiful setting that make it a paradise for walkers and photographers.
3. Value: It’s one of Europe’s best values – officially Western Europe’s least expensive capital.
4. Location: It’s just around a 2-hour flight from all other major European cities.
5. Climate: Its mild climate makes it an ideal year-round destination. Even in winter, when most other European cities are freezing, in Lisbon high temperatures rarely go below 10C (50F).
6. Resort: It is the only European capital located so close to sandy beaches, enabling visitors to combine culture with fun by the sea. Surfing and fishing a must!
7. Size: It’s a compact and intimate city, ideal for a short city break or a longer romantic stay, with a lively café culture and a nightlife that is one of the most vibrant in Europe.
8. Variety: Its surroundings offer an incredible variety of attractions. Do not miss: a) The romantic Sintra and its palaces. b) The world-class golf and fun at Europe’s largest casino in Estoril. c) Ericeira, as World Surfing Reserve. d) Arrábida Natural Park, and the dolphin watching in Setúbal. e) Nazaré, and the World famous Wave at Praia do Norte.
9. Gateway: It makes a perfect base to explore many of Portugal’s most outstanding towns and villages, from Évora to Óbidos.
10. Safety: It’s one of the safest European capitals.
11. Bike my Side – Sidecar Tours: #1 of 90 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon according to Tripadvisor.
A unique way to travel, a different viewpoint and perspective as you travel along.
Enjoy being waved at and smiled at throughout the ride: there is something so engaging about this mode of transport.
You will really feel special on our tour.
Imagine yourself riding in Lisbon or in the Algarve a vintage black Sidecar, full of glamor, charm and history, feeling the pleasant breeze of the wind, the warmth of the sun, discovering new perspectives, new ways. Have fun, feel safe, away from the hubbub of the tours filled with confusion. More than a ride or a tour, discover a new experience, a new way to know our Culture, History, Nature, Food and Nightlife.
The history of our black Ural Sidecar dates back to the 40s of the twentieth century. It was designed by the Russians based on German BMW R71 a motorbike diverted from Sweden to Russia. By the end of World War II, about 10,000 Ural Sidecar were sent to the front line.
From the earliest days, more than 3 million Ural Sidecars already passed through the doors of the factory in Irbit – in the Ural Mountains in Siberia, where they continue to be manufactured, as before in an almost artisanal. Apart from its history, our Ural Sidecar is plain black, which gives it that irresistible vintage, iconic look, full of style. Remember the Indiana Jones or Tintin in their sidecars? Now you can experience the same feeling …
BIKE MY SIDE HIGHLIGHTS
Go where no bus or car can go, and your feet are too tired to tread with our motorcycle tour.
Avoid traffic and go beyond the usual tourist sites by traveling along picturesque roads.
Personalize your sidecar tour as much as you want.
Leave with stories and photos that even the “natives” do not know about.
Ride with a friend for a truly unique experience.
Visit the famous attractions and discover the hidden secrets.
Feel the breeze, the wind in your hair and enjoy the views.
WITH ROOM FOR THREE PEOPLE (DRIVER AND TWO PASSENGERS) THE SIDECAR ALLOWS THE IDEAL CONTEXT OF PRIVACY AND DIALOGUE BETWEEN DRIVER/GUIDE AND PASSENGERS GIVING YOU THE CHANCE TO TALK, WATCH AND LEARN WHILE HAVING FUN ALONG THE WAY, IN AN EXPERIENCE FOR ALL THE SENSES!
ON THE SIDECAR IT IS AVOIDED THE TRAFFIC BY USING ALTERNATIVE AND PICTURESQUE ROADS, ALLOWING YOU TO KNOW MANY PLACES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE, AND OF COURSE, THE MOST FAMOUS ATTRACTIONS.
Curious? Stay tuned for more details on this memorable experience in Lisbon and the Algarve, Portugal.