One of the most interesting aspects of our sidecar tours is the opportunity to meet different people from several places of the world, of all ages, who end up having in common the fact that they look for a different and unique experience during their holiday’s time in the Algarve or in Lisbon
One of the most interesting aspects of our sidecar tours is the opportunity to meet different people from several places of the world, of all ages, who end up having in common the fact that they look for a different and unique experience during their holiday’s time in the Algarve or in Lisbon.
It does not matter your age, it does not matter your gender or physical condition. The sidecar is for everyone! And it is really incredible how our sidecar tours have an excellent acceptance among people of the most diverse ages, genres and physical circumstances. From 7 years old to 90 years old or more!
In 2015, for example, we had a couple from Hawaii, cruise customers, with the age of 79 who loved our Postcard Collection tour in Portimão.
This year, at the age of 81, they returned to Portimao on a round-the-world cruise and made a point of repeating our sidecar tour because the experience made them feel capable of everything, made them feel so alive!
We have also transported people with disabilities in the sidecar who reported that they felt safe, comfortable and free.
Another unforgettable story was the surprise request for a wedding on The Most Beautiful Beaches tour with the groom declaring himself and making the request at the lovely top of Praia da Marinha cliff.
The stories are numerous, tremendous and it is truly comforting to feel that we provide a lifetime experience. It is incredible! A sidecar ride is actually part of the bucket list for so many people around the world!
What are you waiting for? Celebrate diversity and take a sidecar ride!
Here you can purchase great value for little money. So, why don’t take advantage of this great opportunity and discover this amazing city with us?
1. Welcoming: It’s a friendly city with a cosmopolitan population, welcoming all visitors and families with children, and open to minorities and all alternative lifestyles.
2. Culture: It’s one of the world’s great historical cities, with characteristic and surprising sights, cultural treasures, and a beautiful setting that make it a paradise for walkers and photographers.
3. Value: It’s one of Europe’s best values – officially Western Europe’s least expensive capital.
4. Location: It’s just around a 2-hour flight from all other major European cities.
5. Climate: Its mild climate makes it an ideal year-round destination. Even in winter, when most other European cities are freezing, in Lisbon high temperatures rarely go below 10C (50F).
6. Resort: It is the only European capital located so close to sandy beaches, enabling visitors to combine culture with fun by the sea. Surfing and fishing a must!
7. Size: It’s a compact and intimate city, ideal for a short city break or a longer romantic stay, with a lively café culture and a nightlife that is one of the most vibrant in Europe.
8. Variety: Its surroundings offer an incredible variety of attractions. Do not miss: a) The romantic Sintra and its palaces. b) The world-class golf and fun at Europe’s largest casino in Estoril. c) Ericeira, as World Surfing Reserve. d) Arrábida Natural Park, and the dolphin watching in Setúbal. e) Nazaré, and the World famous Wave at Praia do Norte.
9. Gateway: It makes a perfect base to explore many of Portugal’s most outstanding towns and villages, from Évora to Óbidos.
10. Safety: It’s one of the safest European capitals.
11. Bike my Side – Sidecar Tours: #1 of 90 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon according to Tripadvisor.
A unique way to travel, a different viewpoint and perspective as you travel along.
Enjoy being waved at and smiled at throughout the ride: there is something so engaging about this mode of transport.
You will really feel special on our tour.
Imagine yourself riding in Lisbon or in the Algarve a vintage black Sidecar, full of glamor, charm and history, feeling the pleasant breeze of the wind, the warmth of the sun, discovering new perspectives, new ways. Have fun, feel safe, away from the hubbub of the tours filled with confusion. More than a ride or a tour, discover a new experience, a new way to know our Culture, History, Nature, Food and Nightlife.
The history of our black Ural Sidecar dates back to the 40s of the twentieth century. It was designed by the Russians based on German BMW R71 a motorbike diverted from Sweden to Russia. By the end of World War II, about 10,000 Ural Sidecar were sent to the front line.
From the earliest days, more than 3 million Ural Sidecars already passed through the doors of the factory in Irbit – in the Ural Mountains in Siberia, where they continue to be manufactured, as before in an almost artisanal. Apart from its history, our Ural Sidecar is plain black, which gives it that irresistible vintage, iconic look, full of style. Remember the Indiana Jones or Tintin in their sidecars? Now you can experience the same feeling …
BIKE MY SIDE HIGHLIGHTS
Go where no bus or car can go, and your feet are too tired to tread with our motorcycle tour.
Avoid traffic and go beyond the usual tourist sites by traveling along picturesque roads.
Personalize your sidecar tour as much as you want.
Leave with stories and photos that even the “natives” do not know about.
Ride with a friend for a truly unique experience.
Visit the famous attractions and discover the hidden secrets.
Feel the breeze, the wind in your hair and enjoy the views.
WITH ROOM FOR THREE PEOPLE (DRIVER AND TWO PASSENGERS) THE SIDECAR ALLOWS THE IDEAL CONTEXT OF PRIVACY AND DIALOGUE BETWEEN DRIVER/GUIDE AND PASSENGERS GIVING YOU THE CHANCE TO TALK, WATCH AND LEARN WHILE HAVING FUN ALONG THE WAY, IN AN EXPERIENCE FOR ALL THE SENSES!
ON THE SIDECAR IT IS AVOIDED THE TRAFFIC BY USING ALTERNATIVE AND PICTURESQUE ROADS, ALLOWING YOU TO KNOW MANY PLACES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE, AND OF COURSE, THE MOST FAMOUS ATTRACTIONS.
Curious? Stay tuned for more details on this memorable experience in Lisbon and the Algarve, Portugal.