Lagoa is already well known for its beautiful beaches, crafts and wine. But there is much more to discover … Historical places, breathtaking natural landscapes, secular churches, intimate convents, among other sites and monuments, revealing the culture, history and traditions of this Algarve county, undoubtedly worthy of a visit.
Now, 10 of these wonders will be in competition to elect the last five “Wonders of the Patrimony of Lagoa”. The voting takes place until 31 August and the winners will be announced on 2 September.
Here is the list of wonders to contest so that you can visit and make your choice.
1. Natural Coastal Landscape – Algar de Benagil, Praia da Marinha, Algar Seco
2. Promontory of Senhora da Rocha
3. Nossa Senhora da Encarnação Church (Porches)
4. S. José Convent (Lagoa)
5. Nossa Senhora da Luz Church (Lagoa)
6. São Tiago Church (Estômbar)
7. Misericórdia Churches: Lagoa and Estômbar
8. Sítio das Fontes Natural Park
9. Santo António Chapel (Mexilhoeira da Carregação)
10. Traditional urban hull of Ferragudo
You still have time to discover these wonders of the Algarve. Then, just leave your vote here. The invitation to participate in the selection of the “5 Wonders of the Municipality of Lagoa” is extended to all citizens, Portuguese and foreign residents in the county or not.
Good rides through the lands of Lagoa do Algarve!